3. Personal Data Collection and Use We use Personal Information to facilitate and improve our Services and communicate with you following existing regulations, while data integrity, accuracy, relevancy and legally justified processing are ensured. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the products and features listed below (collectively “Personal Information” or “Personal Data”):
3.1 General Information The general data we collect can include SDK/API/JS code version, browser, Internet service provider, IP address, platform, timestamp, application identifier, application version, application distribution channel, independent device identifier, Android ad master identifier, network card (MAC) address, and international mobile device identification code (IMEI) the equipment model, the terminal manufacturer, the terminal device operating system version, the session start / stop time, the location of the language, the time zone and the network state (WiFi and so on).
3.2 Content, Following, and other Public Information Vidhya is a digital educational platform which offers a wide range of content for educational purposes including without limitations, audio, visual, audiovisual and gamified content, so most of the information you provide us is information that you choose to be made public. This includes not only the content that you post and data provided with such content, such as when it was posted, but also the accounts you follow, the content that you like or comment on, and other public interactions on the Services. Your public information is broadly and instantly disseminated. For instance, your profile information and public content are immediately delivered to a wide range of users and other services that access Vidhya. When you share information or content via the Services, you should think carefully about what you are making public.
3.3 Location Information In addition to profile information, you may also tell us your exact location if you choose to enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information. We may use and store information about your location to manage content copyright and exploitation restrictions applicable to your location and to also provide features of our Services, such as tagging a video with a location, and to improve and customize the Services, for example, with content that has been tagged near your location.
3.4 Links We may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our email notifications, third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Services, for example to provide relevant advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
3.5 Cookies Like many websites, we use "cookie" technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve our Services, but we do not require cookies for many parts of our Services such as viewing public videos. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer's hard disk. Vidhya may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our Services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our Services, and to customize and improve our Services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. If you do not want cookies from Vidhya or other websites, you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However, some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies.
3.6 Log Data Our servers automatically record information ("Log Data") created by your use of the Services. Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. We receive Log Data when you interact with our Services, for example, when you visit our websites, sign into our Services, view videos hosted by Vidhya, or interact with our email notifications. Vidhya uses Log Data to provide our Services and to measure, customize, and improve them. If not already done earlier, we will either delete Log Data or remove any common account identifiers, such as your username, full IP address, or email address, after 18 months or such other period as required by us.
3.7 Other Non-Personal Identification Information We do not collect the "Personal Information" which can identify you or another person. We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our apps. Non-personal identification information may include the type of your phone, apps and other technical information about Users means of connection to our apps, such as the versions of phone model and other similar information.
Vidhya also use Facebook ad support: https://m.facebook.com/ads/ad_choices.
3.9 Interest-Based Ads In order to provide with a personalized advertisement experience to you, third parties, including Facebook, may collect or receive information from our app and other apps and use that information to improve services and targeted ads.
On your Android, you can change your device settings to control whether you see online interest-based ads from Facebook and other companies. On your Android (versions 2.2 and up) and Google Play Services (versions 4.0 and up): • Go to Google Settings • Tap Ads • Tap Opt out of interest-based ads and tap OK
Based on your choice on Admob ad personalization consent page, Admob & its partners will deliver personalized ads or non-personalized ads to you while using our Services. But, if you ever change your mind in the future, you can easily change your choice about interest-based ads anytime by: • Tap Help menu in our app • Tap Ad Preferences and make your choice • Revisit our Services
4. Sensitive Personal Data and Information Vidhya will never ask you and you must never provide sensitive Vidhya will never ask you and you must never provide Sensitive Personal Data Or Information to Vidhya or to any person/entity representing Vidhya. Any disclosure of Sensitive Personal Data Or Information shall be at your sole risk and without any liability to Vidhya (including its directors, key managerial personnel, officers and employees). You understand, acknowledge and agree that Vidhya or any other person acting on behalf of Vidhya shall not in any manner be responsible for the authenticity of the Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information provided by you to Vidhya.
5.1 Your Consent We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you choose to publicly post a video or update your profile information.
5.5 International Transfers Our business may require us to transfer your personal data to countries outside India. We take appropriate reasonable efforts and steps to ensure that recipients of your personal data are bound to duties of confidentiality.
5.6 Non-Private or Non-Personal Information We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information, public posts, the people you follow or that follow you, or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did).
6. Age of Consent and Child Policy Our Services is primarily meant for the Users who have attained the age of 13 years or above and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents (not less than 13 years) to use and access our Services. If you access our Services, then you shall be bound by our Age Suitability Terms.
7. Our Policy Towards Children Our Services are not directed to minors who are under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
9. Third Party Websites / Apps Our Service may contain links to other websites/services owned and operated by third parties which are not under the control of Vidhya ("Third-Party Websites/Apps"). Any Third Party Websites/App you visit by a link from our Service is solely the responsibility of owners of such Third Party Websites/Apps. The content of, including materials and information contained on, any Third Party Websites/Apps to which you link from our Service is solely the responsibility of the owner and provider of such Third Party Websites/Apps. Any transactions that you enter into with a third party listed in this Service or linked from our Service are solely between you and owner/provider of such Third Party Websites/Apps. Vidhya is and shall not be responsible for any such Third Party Websites/Apps, any products or services sold or provided by such Third Party Websites/Apps, nor the organizations publishing those Third Party Websites/Apps, and hereby disclaim any responsibility and liability for the same. The inclusion of any links does not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by us of the Third Party Websites/Apps and the services and products offered therein, of the quality of any product or service, advice, information or other materials displayed, purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information or offer in or in connection with the Third Party Websites/Apps. Vidhya shall not be liable, accountable or responsible for your Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Data or Information being used or misused by such Third Party Websites/Apps.
10. Limited Liability Protection and security of your Personal Information is a paramount importance for us and we want the same to be as safe as possible while using and accessing our Services. To this extent, we have implemented reasonable technical safeguards to protect your Personal Information. Whilst we will take all the reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against potential risks and exposures, there is no absolute security in the online/ internet sphere as known to public. Therefore, you must not disclose any information on our Services that is Sensitive Personal Data or Information. You understand that the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure and there are risks associated with it. Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the same while it is being transmitted to our Services and any transmission is at your own risk.
In case you have any grievance with respect to your unaddressed request by us in relation to your Personal Information, you can send an email notification to our grievance officer at email@example.com who will ensure redressing your complaints at the earliest but in no event later than thirty day(s) from the date or receipt of complaint.
You have full control regarding which emails you want to receive from us if you have registered your email with us. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such emails from us, please write to us instructing an Opt-Out. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for Your opt-out to become effective.